Magic on Sale
Parlour / Stage Magic
> Gimmick It Yourself - DOWNLOAD
Gimmick It Yourself - DOWNLOAD
Gimmick It Yourself - DOWNLOAD
Questions about this item? Be the first to ask here.
These are all effects I have developed to solve a problem I have at one point thought about or had!
Put me on the Waiting List
Add to Cart
Write a Review
Add to Wish List
Email a friend
Gimmick It Yourself
is a project I have long thought about doing. These are all effects I have developed to solve a problem I have at one point thought about or had! The idea was to provide a multi-trick release from which everyone would benefit for the same price as a good single-trick release. This project fit the bill perfectly, as these gimmicks can complement each other and provide you with some very clean and effective routines.
So, what is
Gimmick It Yourself
5 DIY gimmicks that are all cheap to make, effective, reliable, and easy to use. Trust me, these gimmicks have saved me a couple of times over the many years of performing. For example, Enveload was developed as an easy way to load sealed envelopes with borrowed items or signed cards, (basically anything that will fit in the envelope!) because I left my JOL wallet at home while working on a cruise ship for weeks. SOS was a Ring Flight I have used that is completely secure -- in fact, it is secured on a Sharpie lid with Duct Tape! That's what SOS stands for, Secured on Sharpie.Well I could bore you more but below are all the gimmick descriptions and what they do.
- A simple, easy-to-use gimmick that provides an extra element of 'magic along the way' whilst you perform. You can use this gimmick to impossibly suspend pens, borrowed glasses or sunglasses, or even a fork, on your extended forefinger. So simple and easy to use, and all objects that can be suspended can be borrowed and examined immediately afterwards. The perfect trick when you are out for a drink with your friends this summer.
- Ring Flight is a classic effect, yet many people worry about using it in case something goes wrong. This is a great alternative where you can be sure that the spectator's ring is safe as the ring ends up secured to a clip of a Sharpie by Duct Tape! That's right! Borrow a ring, completely vanish it (no palming -- you can show your hands completely empty), turn around to show that a Sharpie is poking out of your back pocket. When you remove it, the spectator's ring is impossibly secured to the clip of the Sharpie lid with Duct Tape!
- This is a simple hold out for playing cards (or any other card for that matter). It is very simple to use; any card can load straight into this gimmick, without fuss, to be held out whilst your spectator shuffles the cards. Also use it to hold out gimmicked cards or small stacks of cards. For example, you can hold out Aces whilst your spectator shuffles or the cards needed for Chicago Opener. I originally developed this to be used in conjunction with Daniel Madison's Advocate. This can help give you the clean hands you desire before producing the thought-of card.
- This is a prediction envelope, pure and simple. A sealed envelope is held up to a light -- it is clear that a single card or piece of paper of some sort is inside the envelope. A choice is made, whether a word is thought of or a card freely selected and signed, it matters not. When the envelope is opened, the contents are removed and shown to be the spectator's signed card, or a business card with the word the spectator thought of written on it is removed. Once the item is removed, the envelope is of course shown completely empty.
- This is a gimmick you can make in a minute or two, for about 10p, that can act as an alternative to the very expensive wallets on the market that have an envelope load function. You can use it to load sealed envelopes with: signed cards, rings, necklaces, predictions, bank cards, etc. Basically anything that can fit in an envelope you can load, in an instant, all without the need for a wallet that costs a fortune. The perfect gimmick to get you out of a sticky situation.
In addition to all the gimmicks, I teach several routines that are all easy and commercial. Here is a list of what routines are taught on
Gimmick It Yourself
SOS - Full Jazz Style Routine
- A full routine for SOS where the ring vanishes and reappears a few times before ending up secured on the Sharpie.
Enveload - Birthday Trick
- A commercial Signed Card and Banknote to Envelope trick that has a kicker finish. Perfect for any occasion.
Shadow - 'Any Word' Prediction
- A super simple streamlined 'any word' prediction routine you can use with the Shadow Envelope.
- A bold (and practically un-gimmicked) 100% examinable way to make a Shadow Envelope.
Bonus - Signed Card in Spectator's Wallet
- A Signed Card to Spectator's Wallet routine that is simple and easy.
Stash - Super Simple 4 Ace Production
- The most basic of basic 4 Ace productions.
Stash - Your Card
- A great card effect with fire and a surprise finish.
Stash 3 Attempts
- A spectator's 3 failed attempts to find their card actually turn out to be 3 perfect choices.
- Olivier Boes
"LOVED Off-Balance. This goes straight into my everyday carry, as it doesn't take up any space and is a perfect trick to do in a casual situation.
"Don't really see myself using SOS, as I believe Ring Flight and Interlace have a better impact and are easier to perform, however both of them are quite expensive and this is a great alternative for someone who isn't willing to spend that money.
"Stash: Pretty cool concept that sparked a few ideas in my head, although I believe you need to have a certain style to pull this off, as I don't see myself using it while wearing a suit.
"Shadow Envelope: Hooohoho this was cheeky, and I love it. So many possibilities.
"Enveload: Similar to SOS, I think this is a great alternative for someone who doesn't want to pay big buck for a fancy wallet. Wish I saw this back when I started magic as a kid - I would have used the hell out of it.
"Overall, I think anyone who likes making gimmicks will find something in here and the price makes it a no brainer.
- Alex Sladman
Please note: If you bought my
PDF release years ago, there is a quick description within that PDF of my first gimmicks for Enveload and Shadow. This is a much more comprehensive look into these gimmicks with many improvements. Also, the routine taught in Shadow is a streamlined version of Any Word that requires no force. I wanted to include this in blurb to be open and transparent with you all.
Download the video and begin learning today!
Wow this is a great collection of low-cost but versatile gimmicks. Enveload alone is probably worth the price of the entire project. Ben’s thinking is practical and the teaching is comprehensive and thorough. Not only is each gimmick’s construction clearly shown, at least one routine is provided for every one of them. There is likely something on here that almost any magician could put to good use or adapt to their own purposes.
Nubes - DOWNLOAD
Paste - DOWNLOAD
Just In Case - DOWNLOAD
Hallucination - DOWNLOAD
Intense - DOWNLOAD
Rubber Trip - DOWNLOAD
Browse Similar Items
Close-up Magic Downloads